Today I am going to talk about basic spell casting. I personally do not believe that you have to be a witch or a psychic to do spell work and magic. But, there are definitely some rules and guidelines you need to follow. The power that makes a spell work is not to be found in a book. The real power that makes a spell work dwells within you and the energy around you. The secret of successful spell casting, as with all magic, is your connection to divinity, within and without. Your thoughts, willpower, feelings, and physical exertions are actually all expressions or forms of this divine energy. When you understand the true nature of the energy you work with, you can make real magic. There are no hard and fast rules of how to cast a spell, but here are some basic elements. Implement them in a way that feels right to you.
1. Create or cast a sacred circle and connect with the divinity within
2. Call upon the divinity from without
3. State the goal of your spell
4. Visualize your goal
5. Raise energy by chanting, dancing, or drumming
6. Direct your energy to the spell’s goal
7. Release the energy of your spell, ground any excess energy
8. Offer thanks and close your circle
9. Act in accord and give back in thanks
Facts for Successful Spell casting:
- Passion fuels a successful spell; doubt can kill it.
- Have a clear goal.
- Spells can be performed almost anywhere, but you do need to work without being disturbed, so find a quiet and private place, preferably outdoors if possible.
- Once you’ve cast a spell, don’t talk about it — or even think about it — for at least 24 hours!
- Rhyming is great! An old adage says that spells should rhyme. A rhymed spell has rhythm and joyfulness in it, it’s easy to remember and repeat, and the repetition itself creates an altered, magical consciousness.
A spell is only used to control yourself, never another or nature. Do not do spell work on someone else’s behalf without their permission. Before performing your spell, carefully think through all the possible repercussions to make certain that it does not have a manipulative component. Spells should not to be entered into lightly without thoroughly considering all of its possible effects. There is also a Rule: “An it harm none, do what thou wilt.” (Meaning do whatever you wish as long as it harms no one.)
Now, follow those guidelines and go out and create some magic. Always stay in integrity. Always work in the “light” and all will be well! ‘Til next time… with love, blessings and big, big hugs from Hollywood! ;o) xox Patti